Summer RV Activities and What to Pack
Ready for an RV summer vacation? Consider one of these popular summer RV activities and what to pack!
Taking a summer RV road trip is a dream for many. Who wouldn’t love to hit the open road, sleep in new campsites and explore the country? It can’t get much better! If it’s your first time RV camping, getting to your destination is half of the fun, but what will you do after you park at the campsite? That’s where the rest of your adventure begins! Here we have some of the summer RV activities and what to pack.
Here are a few of our favorite summer activities to enjoy once the RV is parked, and the list of items you should to bring for each activity! (Don’t forget – if you don’t want to buy gear for each adventure, you also rent gear.)
Parked in the woods? Take a hike!
Hiking is a great way to really experience the place you’re visiting. Go for a day hike, or if you’re feeling adventurous, head deep into the wilderness with a tent to get away from your RV campsite for the evening. Do some research on the park or location you’re visiting to see all it has to offer and plan your hike accordingly. Here are the things you will need:
- Sturdy shoes to avoid twisted ankles
- Lightweight backpack to carry the essentials
- Lightweight tent that will fit you and anyone else that you’ll be hiking with
- A lightweight sleeping bag that’s appropriate for the weather
- Camp stove and cookware
- Food and water (stick to simple dishes that do not require a high number of ingredients)
- If you’re in an area with bears, bring a bear canister to avoid any dangerous situations!
- Insect repellent and sunscreen
By the ocean or lake? Wait for a bite!
Park your RV next to the lake or ocean and grab a kayak and your fishing pole. There’s nothing more relaxing than being rocked by the waves, waiting for the fish to bite. Even if you don’t catch your dinner, you’ll still enjoy the ride! If it’s your first time kayaking, be sure you study up on your paddling technique before jumping on the boat! Prior to jumping in the water, you will need:
- Kayak and paddle
- Life jacket
- Waterproof bag
- Fishing pole
- Cooler to hold your catch
- Lots of sunscreen, a hat and a lightweight, long sleeved fishing shirt for protection from the sun
By the water, but not a fisherman? Grab a board!
If fishing is not your cup of tea but your summer RV adventures take you beachside, try a standup paddleboard (SUP). Figuring out your balance only take a few minutes and then you’ll be paddling your way along the shoreline. You can even find your zen with a little SUP yoga. All you really need is:
- the SUP
- Your swimsuit
- Life jackets are also required in many locations for children under the age of 12 and are recommended for anyone that is not a strong swimmer
As you plan your summer RV trip, we hope you consider a few of the adventures above. with these summer RV activities and what to pack Also, remember that online gear rental services like Ayoopa have travel and outdoor gear rentals throughout the U.S. that will help you “Buy the Adventure, Not the Gear.” Check out a few of the locations and activities that they recommend you try this summer:
- Austin Bike Rental
- LA Standup Paddleboard Rental
- Minneapolis, Minnesota Camping Tent Rental
- New York Hiking Rental
- Portland Kayak Rental
What summer activities are your favorite? Leave a comment and let us know!
Latest posts by RoverPass (see all)
- The Best Ways To Handle Waste Disposal At Your Campground - January 9, 2021
- Make Extra Cash by Allowing Campers to Choose Their Site - November 3, 2020
- How to Prep your Park For a Safe & Fun Labor Day Weekend - September 1, 2020